3 Steps To A More Positive 2017!
I know it is hard to find the positives in many situations. Especially when it is so cold out and we are back to the grind of daily work after an outstanding holiday season. Coach Joey has outlined some ways to help you be more positive this upcoming year! Time to snap your band and get your mind right! Making 2017 the best year yet!
"3 Ways To Become More Positive In 2017"
With the New Year passing several days ago, many of you probably have some resolution goals for 2017. Resolutions will only be met if we have an optimistic state of mind. An optimistic mind is going to give our brain more opportunities to be creative, giving us more and more chances to be successful. While a pessimistic state of mind causes the brain to feel threatened, closing it off to new opportunities to grow. It is critical to keep a positive state of mind all year round, but it is especially important at the beginning of each year whenever we set our goals. We cannot fall into the trap of negativity, so here are 3 easy ways to be more positive in the year 2017.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." ~Winston Churchill
1. Surround Yourself By Positive People
- What does your surrounding crowd look like? Are you always being fed a plate of negativity? If you are, maybe it is time for a change. Look at your job, look at your friends. Everything and everyone in your life should make you a better person.
2. Use Entertainment As Inspiration
- We don't realize how much entertainment affects our lives. What kind of music do you listen to? What kind of videos are you watching? Don't use YOUTUBE as a time waster, use it to watch something with meaning, something with inspiration. There is an unlimited resource of motivational entertainment. To start you on the right track, search for Eric Thomas, Les Brown, etc.
- The excuse's are always "reading is too time consuming", "I don't have time to read". We get 24 hours in a day ladies and gentlemen. Block out 30-45 minutes each day to read. You don't have to read an entire book each day. Make your goal to read one book per month. Pick out something with inspiration or meaning. Whether it be a book by a motivational author, or the bible for example. Learning the sacrifices God made will bring more hope and unselfish meaning to your life everyday.
Use these three ways to build a better foundation of waking up every morning with determination to give your absolute best effort in everything you do. Even the little things we take for granted, do them to the best of your ability and you will start to see everything in your life start to change.